Piazza Farinata degli Uberti

Condividi su facebook stampa invia email

Piazza Farinata degli Uberti is also called “Piazza dei Leoni” (Square of the Lions), because of the marble fountain made by Luigi Pampaloni (1827) with three Naiads and four sitting lions, situated in the middle of the square, which is the heart of the old town centre.

Surrounded by porticoes, the town's most important historical buildings overlook the square: the Collegiate Church of Sant'Andrea, with the adjacent treasure trove of the Museum of the Collegiate Church, Palazzo Pretorio and, on the opposite side, Palazzo Ghibellino.